This position has been filled.
Interested in other Laboratory Observer job opportunities?
For consideration for future positions, submit your resume to job_20130309065712_HAEBMKCQ5OITTVHS@dropbox.theresumator.com
The Personnel Department is seeking a Laboratory Observer to fill a contract, full time position with one of their great clients in the Thunder Bay area.
As a Laboratory Observer, you would be required to:
- Identify minerals, using a microscope
- Conduct data collection and recording with a high degree of accuracy
- Maintain awareness of and compliance with quality assurance policies
- Work with team members to meet deadlines and production schedules
- Proactively participate in safety activities and follow site safety measures and practices
The successful candidate for this position will have the following competencies:
- Self-motivated; able to work independently as well as collaborating well within a team environment
- Keen vision in order to identify the full colour spectrum and minute details required to differentiate between minerals
- Fine motor skills required to handle microscopic minerals
- Attention to detail required over extended periods of time with repetitive work
- Ability to follow instructions and manage priorities in order to meet deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality
- Proven knowledge of MS office suite
Previous laboratory experience is not required as training will be provided to successful
candidates. Previous experience using a microscope may be beneficial.
The role commences at a wage of $16/hr.
As a member of The Personnel Department, you will be entitled to benefits, vacation pay and much more!
This position is starting immediately, so don’t miss your chance! Send your resume
in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Laboratory Observer’ in the